Monday, January 16, 2012

First blog post of 2012!

My first blog post of 2012! In fact, this is only my second experience with blogging after using during ETEC 622 last semester. I used weebly's blog function last semester so it's time to try something new. Given my adoration of Google products, looking forward to learning how Blogger integrates with GoogleVille.

The first class was a great opportunity to interact and hear some old faces and to meet new ones. I think that having a synchronous session on Day 1 of the class is a great way to build community and make sure that everyone's on the same page.

Since I think it's such a vital part of the class, I'm actually using it in an online Introductory Geology class that I teach. It's the first time I've led a synchronous session so I would love to hear any pointers from those of you who are pros at it. Thank you to Dr. B for sharing his introductory slides which provide a great way to introduce the synchronous tools of the class. I look forward to this learning experience and will share my thoughts next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment